Thanks to Three New Breakfast and Snack Items from General Mills at Publix– Cheerios™ +Ancient Grains, Gluten Free Chex™ Granola Mix, and Nature Valley® Nut Crisp Bars for sponsoring today’s discussion
Let’s talk about heart health month, shall we? I’ve partnered up with General Mills to bring you a healthy way to snack. These baked Apple chips are delicious and perfect for on the go. I went to the local Publix store to pick up only two ingredients for the recipe, granny smith apples and Cheerios™ +Ancient Grains.
I learned a lot about ancient grains and their benefits for a healthy diet. Some of the most well known ancient grains are Quinoa, Farro, Spelt Khorasan (Kamut). These grains are high in fiber and rich in mineral content. Cheerios™ +Ancient Grains is full of toasted whole grain oats and clusters that are lightly sweetened for the perfect taste.
Save 75¢ when you buy ONE BOX Cheerios™ Ancient Grains cereal. Visit www.ReadyPlanSave.com to print your coupon,
Save 50¢ on Nature Valley Nut Crisp Bar. Visit www.everydaysaver.com/NVNutCrisp to print your coupon.
2-3 large Granny Smith Apples
Cheerios™ +Ancient Grains
- Preheat your oven to 225 degrees F.
- Use a mandolin or knife to cut thin slices of granny smith apples.
- Take 2 cups of Cheerios™ +Ancient Grains and grind them in your food processor till it’s fine.
- Coat the apple slices with finely ground cheerios cereal.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment papers.
- Line the cheerios coated apple slices on the tray, about 12-15 per tray.
- Bake the 2 trays for 1 hour.
- After an hour, remove the trays one at a time and flip the apple slices over with tongs or forks.
- Return the trays back in the oven and bake them for 1 more hour.
- Remove trays from the oven and you’ll see the apple slices will start to harden up.
- Let it cool and enjoy.
One lucky reader will win $15 Paypal cash credit!
$15 Paypal cash credit giveaway ends on Saturday, February 20th at 11:59 PM EST. Visit Cheerios™ +Ancient Grains, Gluten Free Chex™ Granola Mix, and Nature Valley® Nut Crisp Bars and comment below and let us know what you think of the new products. One winner will be announced on February 21st, 2015. Must be a US resident and 18+ to enter.