I’m so excited to never have to shave under my arms again! At the end of last year, I partnered up with Body Details to be hair-free forever! I’ve only visited Body Details twice and already extremely impressed with the results. After my first treatment, I only had to shave once!!! I promise, not even exaggerating. The second appointment was three months after my first one!
So how does it work? Read below…
Body Details uses True Lasers that are designed to remove hair by emitting wavelengths of light. It only affects the pigment of the hair, where hair follicles are destroyed without the surrounding skin being damaged. Pretty simple!
This was my 2nd time visiting Body Details in Coral Gables. Before my first visit, I did a little research to learn more about the procedure. I also encourage you to do your own research and ask your Laser Hair Removal Specialist questions about the procedure.
Here are 5 important tips you should know before your first visit:
- Shave the area you want to get treated before the appointment. You cannot come in for laser hair removal if you’ve had a wax in that area recently. The follicle has to be there for the laser to target the pigments. I recommend shaving a day before or a couple of hours before the appointment. If you forget to, don’t worry the physician will provide you with a razor to shave the desired area.
- Stay out of the sun for a couple of weeks. It really does depend on where you get the treatment. Since mine was underarms I knew I would be good to go for the treatment. But, if you’re getting the laser treatment on your legs, arms or face – try to stay away from the sun to avoid sunburns.
- Take an anti-inflammatory medication with food. Make sure to always read the label on the bottle to take the appropriate dosage. For me, the pain was very minimal. Underarms is a small area and my physician knew exactly where to use the laser. If you’re getting treated to a larger area, just know that it might hurt a little. Anti-inflammatory medication like Aleve, Motrin (Ibuprofen), and Advil works the best. Take these medications as prescribed on the bottle. A common mistake is to overdo it. Always take these anti-inflammatory medications with food.
- Avoid perfumes, deodorant, and hot showers before and after the treatment. I recommend avoiding altogether for at least 24 hours. The skin that’s treated will be sensitive after the procedure.
- Keep a conversation going with your physician during the laser treatment. Otherwise known as verbal anesthesia. It almost acts like a distraction and works great when getting local surgical procedures. Believe me, this helped a lot and my physician was great and kept talking to me during the entire procedure.
If you have any tips of your own, please share it in the comments below.