Last weekend I went on the famous Miami Culinary tours’ Wynwood Food Tour. I took the tour by myself after my friend cancelled on me (sad face), but I ended up having the most amazing time. Since I was by myself, I feel like I was more attentive to the surroundings and the delicious food. I go to Wynwood a lot, but having a knowledgeable tour guide who was so passionate, made me see Wynwood Miami in a completely different way. I started to appreciate the beauty and dedication of the place more. If you’re looking to do something new and fresh during the weekends, I suggest taking the tour with friends and family or by yourself!
The tour started at Wynwood Walls, where a group of us gathered when we spotted Mirka (our tour guide) in her Miami Culinary Tours T-shirt. Immediately she made us feel comfortable and after a short introduction from each one of us we started our walk. Check out all the pictures from my tour and take a quick tour with me (Get $10 off your first tour, coupon code below):
1. Started the tour at Wynwood Walls and had a chance to learn about the history and all the talented artists. Did you know Wynwood is home to over 70 galleries!
2. Our first stop at the Wynwood Kitchen and Bar.
3. Second Stop at Mmmm Wynwood.
4. Third Stop at Jimmy’z Kitchen
5. Fourth stop at Made in Italy Gourmet for some quick cheese bites.
6. Fifth stop at Suviche (The ceviche was amazing!)
7. Our last stop at Fireman Derek’s Bake Shop & Cafe. We tried his famous Key Lime pie!