This is such a fun product review. Redken sent me two of their new Color Rebel temporary hair makeup in Purple Riot & Rebel Without a Coral. I love the purple color and after a vote from my awesome followers on Instagram, I finally tried the color on my dark ombre hair. It was a little tricky at first to apply, but I have some cool tips and tricks that will help you achieve a gorgeous colorful ombre or streaks.
The Color Rebel product uses makeup technology with direct color pigments. The color is resistant against water, brushing, blow drying or flat ironing. The colors have a pearlescent pigment that creates a multi-dimensional iridescent color.
Tips & Tricks:
– Wear a glove to avoid getting the color all over your hands. Even if it get’s somewhere on your skin, it comes off easily with soap and water.
– Prime the product by shaking well and twisting the cap in the direction of the arrows until the tip is saturated.
– Grab a small section of your clean/dry hair and apply the product from the middle to create an ombre-esque effect.
– The color clumps up the hair really fast, quickly comb the strand to make sure it doesn’t clump too much. (Use an old comb)
– After you apply the color to the desired sections of the hair. Use a blow-dryer to dry the color and remember to keep combing.
Take your temporary gorgeous colored hair out in the town and show off your bold side. It’s fun to try out bright colors without a major color commitment. The Color Rebel washes out after two-three shampoos!
What do you guys think of my purple ombre? I would love hear your opinion….
Powered by Brandbacker.