Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! And what better way to start it than with a Granola Breakfast Parfait. This easy recipe is the perfect way to start your mornings, with an item that tastes like a desert, but is also healthy!
Making the Granola
What makes this recipe so easy is that it’s just putting together a bunch of different things you probably have lying around the house. Here’s how you can whip up your homemade granola, which tastes much fresher and yummier than a store-bought one. But you can use either.
You can add a lot of different seeds and ingredients to customize your granola but, here are the basic ingredients you will need:
● 2 tablespoons of rolled oats
● ½ tablespoon sliced almonds
● ½ tablespoon of salted sunflower seeds
● ½ tablespoon of flaxseed or pumpkin seeds
● 1 teaspoon of honey
● 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or melted butter (it’s much healthier if you use the oil)
● Take all your ingredients into a bowl and mix them properly until all the oats are covered with honey and oil
● Spread your granola mixture flat on a baking tray covered with parchment paper
● Bake in a preheated oven of 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden brown
● Let it cool and you’re done!
Making the Parfait
If you want you can skip the entire process of making the granola, and just use store-bought ones. You can also customize and add in whatever fruits and berries you prefer and change up the recipe to suit your mood every morning.
● 2 cups of natural coconut yogurt
● ½ cup of Granola
● ¼ cup of chopped pecan nuts
● 1 cup of blueberries
● 1 tablespoon of flaked coconuts
● 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
● Take a cup of your yogurt and blend them in with your blueberries and maple syrup
● Blend in the remaining yogurt with just maple syrup
● Take a mason jar or any glass of your choice and start layering with coconut yogurt, granola and then blueberry yogurt
● Add as many layers as you like
● Top with sprinkled granola and coconut flakes
Yes, making a healthy, delicious breakfast is that easy! This recipe is perfect for two people. You can make it in batches and store or it’s pretty easy to just make a new jar of Granola Breakfast Parfait every day as well. Happy eating!
xoxo, Afroza Khan